Work with the Bast
We are fibre pioneers. We are engineers. We are changemakers. Want to join us?
Job Opportunities – North America
Office Manager / Bookkeeper
Bast Fibre Tech HQ - Victoria, BC
Your Opportunity to Create and Build?
Be our first Victoria based Office Manager & Bookkeeper!
As an emerging agritech firm, Bast Fibre Technologies Inc. is an innovative natural fibre pioneer leading the transition away from the original 3R circular economy model (reduce, reuse, recycle), to a new carbon negative paradigm for the non-woven industry we call 2R circular economy, Replace (plastic) and Repair (the planet) model.
Our proprietary process transforms the phloem fibres from the bast family of plants. We leverage their natural advantages of absorbency and wet strength to “Replace” man made plastic fibres commonly used throughout the non-woven industry, with natural fibres optimized to run on all major non-woven formation platforms.
Given our growth and outlook, we are seeking an experienced Accountant & Office Manager who possesses a liking for and experience in basic accounting to join our Victoria team. You would be responsible for a diverse range of activities such as:
- Accounting administration (e.g. A/P, A/R, bank recs, payroll, etc.)
- Office management (e.g. manage service vendors & contracts, security, landlord relationship, oversee OH&S, office systems and tools, creating required procedures, manuals, etc.)
- General administrative support for customer and supplier interface and activities, trade association activities, assist with research, corporate record admin, project tracking and admin, grant activities, etc.
So, who are you?
- You have a Business College Diploma and a working knowledge of basic accounting
- You have proven experience as an Office Manager (or similar role) and are able to function with minimal direction and supervision
- You’re great with the MS Office suite, particularly Excel and are conversant with current business systems and tools
- You have a high bias for action, strong attention to detail and timelines and have the proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- You work well cross-functionally and in a global setting
- You can form great relationships with people/teams where they trust and rely on you. Your service orientation is strong
Who are we?
We are innovative fibre pioneers committed to building a better more sustainable planet, one decision at a time. We believe the speed of our market penetration, our novel solutions and building harmonized relationships matters in order to lead the non-woven industry away from the use of plastic fibers.
What’s it like here?
When you step into our office, you’ll find a culture that fosters excellence, and a world-class team of innovators that inspire one another to grow, learn, and improve. We cultivate an atmosphere of openness and support where all opinions and ideas are valued and encouraged, and where collaborative teamwork is key to success. Our flexible work environment fosters creativity, quality and balance.
So, if this sounds right for you, we’d like to hear from you. Please send your resume and cover letter in PDF format our way, to: email@example.com
Job Opportunities – Europe
No current openings